Ultra Filtration Purifiers
Ultra Filtration is a great alternative to reverse osmosis water purification. It is capable of operating on low incoming water pressure, doesn’t waste any water and requires no storage tank. It removes viruses, bacteria as well as fine suspensions from the water, while leaving the minerals in the water.
- Minimum operating pressure 30psi (2bar)
- 5 stages of filtration ensures great quality water, the following processes are used:
- 5 micron sediment filter for the removal of sediment, silt and loose particles.
- Two coconut shell activated carbon filters for the removal of chemicals like chlorine and organic contaminants like endocrine disrupting hormones
- Ultra filtration membrane for the removal of bacteria, viruses and fine suspensions.
- Taste and odor filter to ensure great tasting water.
Advantages of Ultra Filtration
- Is capable of purifying with low water pressure
- Doesn’t remove minerals from the water
- Doesn’t alter the PH of the water
- Removes all bacteria and viruses
- Requires no storage tank
- Doesn’t waste water
Ultra Violet Light
UV rays can destroy 99.99% of harmful microorganisms without adding chemicals or changing your water’s taste or odour. Ultraviolet Light (UV) is a natural part of the sunlight and is widely accepted as a reliable, efficient and environmentally friendly solution for water disinfectant. The UV lamp utilizes the application of particularly efficient UV radiator with a 254nm wave length to cause immediate death to organisms and wipe out their ability to survive and reproduce.
The water is exposed to UV radiation in a specially designed chamber that provides intimate contact of the water with the UV light source. Bacteria and other living organisms absorb the energy, which destroys or inactivates their DNA, thus preventing the bacteria from reproducing. Similarly, chemicals and organic compounds also absorb the energy and they are broken down into smaller and more harmless molecules.
The effectiveness of UV light depends on a number of factors:
- the length of time a micro-organism is exposed to UV
- power fluctuations of the UV source that impact the EM wavelength
- the presence of particles that can protect the micro-organisms from UV
- a micro-organisms ability to withstand UV during it’s exposure
It is advisable to always filter the water before it goes through the UV light to ensure that all loose particles are removed. it is also important to ensure that the UV light used is big enough for the maximum flow that can go through the system.
- Water Flow: 3000lph
- Max Pressure: 125PSI
- Temperature: 2-40 Deg Celsius
- In/Out port: 20mm Male
- Lamp Power: 40W
- Power: 220V
Advantages of a Water Softener
- No more scale on the inside of plumbing ensures better flow in your house and prevents possible blockages
- Lengthened lifetime of geyser elements
- Saving in electrical bill because of a scale free geyser
- Lengthened lifetime of all appliances that work with water, washing machine, dishwasher, kettle, iron, etc.
- Cleaner laundry and dishes
- Cleaner hair
- Significant saving in soap usage
Why a Clearwater SA Water Softener?
When you buy a Clearwater SA water softener you are buying a quality product that will last you for years. All the components used are picked for their functionality and durability. Below are the different components with their advantages:
Wave cyber vesssel:
- Quality fibreglass construction
- Grey colour prevents algae growth on inside
- Maximum pressure 150 psi
- Black colour prevents algae growth
- Bottom grid to filter large particles and prevent blockages
- Brine value with ball valve to prevent over filling
F11 analogue heads:
- More expensive and durable than digital heads
- Last for years
- Metered head regenerates on usage which safes on salt usage and lengthens liftetime of resin
Higrade softening resin:
- Quality softening resin that will last longer
It protects different elements in your house that work with water from lime scale. The descaler uses clearophos crystals which slowly dissolves into the water and keeps calcium and magnesium in suspension, from forming a scale on the elements. It assists to lenghten the lifetime of elements such as pipes, geysers, kettles,washing machines etc by preventing lime scale from forming on them.
- The descaler has 40 mm female in and outlets to accommodate different size pipes and can be reduced to smaller pipe sizes if necessary.
- The descaler has 5 kg of siliphos crystals on the inside and these crystal has to topped up as the dissolve with usage, and the frequency depend on water usage and quality. Optimal flow rate is 15 000 liters per hour, but can handle a maximum flow rate of 3000 liters per hour.
- It is important to note that in some extreme cases where there is excessive lime in the water, crystals can start melting together and cause blockages. If there is excessive lime in the water a water softener may be more a viable option.